Vermont health officials are warning people not to eat undercooked meat after a ninth person was diagnosed with food-borne illness possibly linked to contaminated beef.
In eight of the cases, the Health Department says the E. coli bacteria came from ground beef that was contaminated before it was distributed to several Vermont restaurants. One child was hospitalized.
Health officials say the restaurants have changed their beef supply, but that the meat could have been distributed elsewhere. It was not available in stores.
The Health Department says a tenth case is suspected. Anyone suffering from severe abdominal symptoms should seek medical help.