Fire officials in Bradford believe an electrical wiring problem triggered a fire that dealt a devastating blow to a woman who’s already endured her share of them.
Susan Minard’s husband died five months ago.
And, then yesterday, she returned home from a medical appointment to find firefighters hosing down the smoky ruins of her home.
No one was home when the fire broke out.
It drew firefighters from Bradford, Fairlee, and West Newbury in Vermont and Piermont and Haverhill Corners in New Hampshire.
All that remained afterward was a satellite dish, a hummingbird feeder next to the road and a swing set.
Minard and her late husband had built the home after their previous one burned down in the 1980s.