The state of Vermont is selling the historic van Arsdale-Cheney House in Westmore just off Route 5A at the south end of Lake Willoughby.
The 5,300-square foot structure was built in 1860. It has been owned by the state since 1970 and s thought to be the first building on Lake Willoughby.
The state hasn’t used the building, known locally as the Cheney House, since 2005.
The money from the sale is going to be used by the Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation for operating expenses on another Westmore location.
The Gothic house comes with 4.1 acres of land. It has clapboard siding, a stone foundation and an asphalt shingled gable roof. There is also a vintage carriage house and log barn. It will sleep 25.