Ryan Wood-Beauchamp and Kara Fitzgerald own Evening Song Farm, and they’ve asked Wallingford’s Select Board to apply for a grant through the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.
The couple would like to have seven acres of their land bought out. Federal funds can cover up to 75 percent of mitigation costs if FEMA approves them, but the town has to agree to pay for the remaining 25 percent.
Wallingford’s Select Board has agreed to submit a letter of intent for Evening Song Farm, as long as the buy-out doesn’t cost the town any money.
Are you still waiting for word about a buy-out of your Irene-damaged property?